• Sam’s decision more than 15 years ago to ban the use and import of asbestos.
• The Kingdom is one of only two Arab countries that prohibit the use of asbestos.
• National Committee for the membership of nine governmental bodies for the disposal of asbestos in old buildings.
Asbestos is a fiber used in construction, insulation, water pipes, etc. Because of its high flexibility and insulating properties, its use has been very widespread over the last century until the awareness of the substance of public health has begun. Asbestos is classified as carcinogenic and highly hazardous due to the health effects Exposure to their volatile fibers for long periods.
Asbestos causes serious chest diseases that sometimes lead to lung cancer. At present, more than 50 countries in the world have banned the use of asbestos, including Saudi Arabia.
How Does SEPCO Deal with Asbestos?
SEPCO Environment has harnessed its expertise and in dealing with asbestos-containing materials through Submit:
- Survey, identification, transport and safe disposal services.
- Management and safe disposal of materials containing asbestos.
- Assist in the implementation of training programs for facility workers to qualify them to deal with asbestos-containing materials using the safeguards and standards set forth in the Occupational Safety and Health Management Regulations.